Friday, January 20, 2017

Inauguration Reflection

Even though I've had quite a bit of time to think about what to say today, I still find myself at a loss for words. There's a part of me that thinks I should know exactly what to say after all this time but there's another part of me that realizes there's no way to ever truly know what to say.

All my life, I have been proud of my country. Not only is the United States my home but also a place whose ideals I really believe in. Even in our darkest hours I have been proud to be an American.

Today however, I find myself asking, "Am I truly proud to be an American?" It's a question I've really struggled with recently. For years the answer has always been yes but suddenly, things aren't so obvious.

After a lot of thinking and internal debating, I finally settled on an answer: "Yes."

Why?

Because America is better than this:



Because America is better than this:



Because America is better than this:



WE are better than this.

He does not represent what America is. He represents the hate, fear, and anger that has ripped this country apart. He may be the President, but he is not what America is.

As we enter a dark time for the country, I'll keep fighting for the America I know and love. The America that is already great.

Now more than ever, God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment