Friday, February 26, 2016

A Letter to the Switch Bar

My dearest Switch Bar,

How I long to be with you again. Although only a year has passed since our last adventure, it feels as if we have been apart for a lifetime. I long for the for the days when we spent our afternoons together, dishing out drinks and keeping watch over the quiet halls. You were the center of attention during Activity Period, drawing students from all corners of the school for a bottle of ice cold Fitz's or Ski. Few could resist your allure. You kept me working hard, but I never minded. Another second with you was another second of pure joy. Every mixed drink brought a smile to my face. Drinks weren't your only specialty though. From blueberry pancakes to back massages to shaved ice to live music, your charm knew no bounds. You were unlike anything SLUH had ever seen.



As much as you did for me, you did more for others. You may have started out as just a Gadfly sketch, but you evolved into something greater. A bar for others. You drew our community together and helped raise money for the less fortunate. Your tip trophy wasn't just a literal trophy, but a beacon of hope. From Homeboy Industries to Honduras, you helped to unite students for great causes. You've become more than I ever dreamed you would be. I am proud to have been a part of all you've done.



I hope that this letter finds you doing well old friend. As another Mission Week wraps up, I have no clue what you've been up to, if anything. Whether you find yourself at Dooley Week or not, know that your legacy lives on dear Switch Bar. No matter what happens to you, you will always hold a special place in my heart. Until we meet again...

Sincerely yours,

David

No comments:

Post a Comment